Methi Murgh Malai is a North Indian Chicken side dish prepared with Kasuri Methi and Malai aka fresh cream. This is a semi-dry chicken preparation and goes well with Indian Paratha, Roti, or Rice.
- 1 kg Chicken (curry cut)
- 200ml Single Cream
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic paste
- 1/2 Tbsp. Ginger paste
- 1 Tbsp. Kasuri Methi
- 1 Tbsp. Black Pepper Powder
- 3 Onions
- 100g Hung Curd
- 100 ml Single Cream
- 1 Tsp. Kasuri Methi
- 3 Tbsp. Butter
- 1.5 Tsp. or to taste Salt
- Wash and also pat dry the chicken chunks.
- Take the chicken pieces in a bowl and marinate with Single Cream, Garlic paste, Ginger paste, Kasuri Methi, and also Black Pepper Powder.
- Cover the bowl with a lid or cling film and refrigerate for 8 hours before cooking.
- Make a paste of the Onions.
- While cooking; heat butter in a pan and temper the butter with Kasuri Methi.
- Add onion paste and cook till it turns translucent in color.
- Now add hung curd followed by green chilies and cook till the curd mixes.
- Slower the heat and cook until the butter comes from the side.
- At this point add marinated chicken chunks and also the remaining marinade left in the bowl to the pan.
- Add Salt to taste also.
- Now mix properly and cover the pan with a lid and cook for around 7-10 minutes.
- Add remaining cream and mix.
- Cook over the slow flame until chicken is properly cooked and there is almost no gravy.
- Once done, switch the flame off and serve Methi Murgh Malai hot with your choice of carbohydrate.
- This particular preparation of chicken is semi-dry.
- I have used store-bought single cream while making the methi murgh malai, however, you can use the cream directly from the milk.
- Prep Time: 8 hours
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Category: Chicken
- Method: cooking
- Cuisine: North Indian
- Serving Size: 150g
- Calories: 418
- Sugar: 3.6g
- Sodium: 183mg
- Fat: 17.2g
- Saturated Fat: 8.9g
- Carbohydrates: 11.6g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Protein: 52.3g
- Cholesterol: 163mg
Keywords: Methi murgi malai recipe, methi chicken recipe, debjanir rannaghar