An Indianized version of baked eggless cheesecake prepared with Soan Papdi, Mishti Doi and Mini Gulab Jamun; Baked Soan Papdi and Mishti Doi Cheesecake topped with Mini Gulab Jamun is a fusion dessert.
For the Cheesecake:
- Mishti Doi/ Sweetened Curd: 500g
- Condensed Milk: 200 ml
- Single Cream: 200 ml
For the Base:
- Soan Papdi: 10
- Mini Gulab Jamun: 15
- [url href="https://kitchenofdebjani.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Soan-Papdi-and-Mishti-Doi-Baked-Cheesecake-topped-with-Mini-Gulab-Jamun-making.jpg"][/url]
- Take a muslin cloth and pour the Misti Doi over the cloth and tie the ends of the cloth.
- Hung the tied cloth from a stand for one hour.
- This will help in discarding the whey from the curd.
- Once there is no whey; take the curd out in a bowl.
- Blend the curd using a spoon until it smoothens.
- Now add the solid portion from the single cream followed by the condensed milk.
- Mix thoroughly to prepare a smooth mixture.
- By this time pre-heat the oven in 160 degrees C for 15 minutes.
- Take Soan Papdi and crumble those using your fingers.
- Now take a 7" springform pan and pour crumbled Soan Papdi.
- Using your fingers spread and press the crumbled Soan Papdi to construct the base.
- Pour the Cheesecake mix and lightly tap the tin.
- Now bake the Cheesecake for 40-50 minutes or until it sets completely in 160 degrees C.
- Check in between.
- Once done switch off the oven and take the pan out and then place over a wire rack.
- Wait until the temperature falls.
- Once in room temperature de-mold the cheesecake and refrigerate it.
- While serving, top it with Mini Gulab Jamuns.
Both Misti Doi and Condensed milk contains Sugar and hence no need to add extra sugar.
I have not opted for elaborate garnishing which is obviously optional.
I prefer more baking time and that is why I have opted for baking for around 50 minutes in 160 degrees C. In case you wanted to make it quick; you may opt for 180 degrees C and lesser baking time.
- Prep Time: 75 mins
- Cook Time: 50 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Indian
- Serving Size: 120g
- Calories: 380
- Sugar: 37.7g
- Sodium: 170mg
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated Fat: 7.1g
- Carbohydrates: 47.5g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 11.8g
- Cholesterol: 33mg