Creamy Butter Garlic Crab is a famous Asian crab delicacy.
- Fresh Crab: 3-4 (broken into pieces)
- Garlic paste: 1 Tbsp.
- Garlic Pod: 10
- Green Chilli: 5
- Butter: 4 Tbsp.
- Garlic powder: 1 tsp.
- Dried Parsley: 2 Tsp.
- Fresh Cream: 200ml
- Chicken Stock: 2 Cup (click for the recipe)
- Black Pepper Powder: 2 Tsp.
- Turmeric Powder: 1 Tsp.
- Salt: to taste
- [url href="https://kitchenofdebjani.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/making-Creamy-Butter-Garlic-Crab.jpg"][/url]
- Wash Crabs thoroughly.
- Boil 2 liters of water and add crab along with turmeric powder and a little salt.
- Now cover the pot with a lid and boil for 3-4 minutes.
- Switch the flame off and discard the water.
- Now chop half of the garlic and make a paste of rest.
- Meanwhile heat butter in a pan.
- Now add chopped garlic followed by garlic paste and cook for around 2 minutes.
- Add Black pepper powder and salt followed by dried parsley and garlic powder, and stir occasionally.
- Lower the flame and add Crabs and green chili and shallow fry for a minute.
- At this point add fresh cream and mix thoroughly.
- Now add 2 cups of Chicken Stock and cover the pan with a lid and cook over low flame for 15 minutes.
- Add some more Parshley and adjust the pepper if needed.
- You can add green chili at this stage as well if you want the butter garlic crab less spicy.
- Once the gravy thickens switch the flame off.
- Serve Creamy Butter Garlic Crab hot with Garlic bread or Garlic rice.
I prefer to break the crab into the body and leg for the ease of cooking and serving.
Turmeric the powder is optional however it has anti-allergic properties and hence I use a pinch of it to avoid allergy.
Boiling Crab with salt and turmeric powder is optional however this process is advisable to follow to avoid allergy.
Both Garlic powder and parsley are optional however enhances the flavors if added.
You may skip Cream and substitute it with soy milk or almond milk for a dairy-free version.
You may substitute Chicken Stock with Vegetable stock or water. I prefer to use homemade Chicken Stock.
Adjust spices such as black pepper or green chili according to taste.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Crab
- Cuisine: Indo-Chinese
- Serving Size: 100g
- Calories: 311
- Sugar: 1.7g
- Sodium: 1668mg
- Fat: 20.1g
- Saturated Fat: 9.4g
- Carbohydrates: 9.5g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Protein: 24.3g
- Cholesterol: 31mg