Luchi is a famous Bengali flour-based deep-fried bread. In this post, I have shared how to make perfect fulko luchi!
To make the Dough:
- 500g All-purpose Flour/ Maida
- 1 Tbsp.Ghee
- 1/2 Tsp. Salt
- 250ml Vegetable Oil for Deep Frying
- 1 Tbsp. Ghee
- Take Maida along with salt in a deep bowl and mix.
- Now add Ghee and mix using the finger. The End product should be a crumbly mixture.
- Be available with 1 Cup of warm water.
- Now add water little by little and knead the flour to form the dough.
- The dough must not be soft but not stiff as well. You may refer to the picture.
- Cover the dough with a wet cloth and leave for 15 minutes to give it rest.
- Now take the dough and make small 2" size balls out of it.
- Take 1 Tbsp. oil in a bowl and keep it behind the rolling plate.
- Take one ball and apply little oil to it and flatten the ball on the rolling plate.
- Now using the Rolling pin roll the ball into a small disk.
- Here, you must not roll vigorously and try to keep the rolling to 2.5 strokes.
- In the meantime, heat the oil in a deep pan along with the Ghee.
- Now Put one flattened flour disk in the mid of the pan.
- Lower the flame.
- Using a spatula press it a bit. It will help it to puff.
- Turn it and fry the other side as well.
- The color should be near creme' but not brown which means no over-frying at all.
- Strain it from the oil and fry the rest of the Luchi in the same manner.
- Ghee is totally optional, however, gives amazing flavor.
- In fact, you can use Ghee instead of Oil if you are not that calorie-conscious.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Main
- Method: frying
- Cuisine: Bengali
- Serving Size: 30g
- Calories: 136
- Sugar: 0.1g
- Sodium: 39mg
- Fat: 8.7g
- Saturated Fat: 2.1g
- Carbohydrates: 12.7g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Protein: 1.7g
- Cholesterol: 2mg
Keywords: bengali luchi recipe, luchi recipe, poori recipe, how to make perfect luchi, how to make fulko luchi, debjanir rannaghar