Easy Orange Chiffon Cake recipe
- All purpose flour: 1 cup
- Granulated sugar: 3/4 cup
- Baking powder: 1 Tsp.
- 1 pinch salt
- Freshly squeezed orange juice: 3 Tbsp.
- Vegetable oil: 1/4 cup
- Grated orange zest( outer skin of 2 medium oranges): 2 Tbsp.
- Vanilla extract: 1 Tsp.
- 3 large eggs, whites and yolks separated at room temperature plus 1 egg white
- Cream of tartar or lemon juice: 1 Tsp.
- Chocolate sauce: 1/4 cup (optional)
- Powdered sugar: 1/4 cup (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F or 180 degrees C for 10 minutes
- Grease 9-inch cake pan (I used bundt cake pan) with vegetable oil
- Take a mixing bowl, add all purpose flour, baking powder, salt and orange zest, and mix lightly.
- Add sugar, egg yolks, vanilla essence, vegetable oil and orange juice, beat until the mixture is well combined and smooth.
- Take 4 egg whites in a bowl and beat egg whites until foamy,
- Add cream of tartar or lemon juice and mix until soft peak forms.
- Now add this egg whites mixture into the cake batter slowly into two batches.
- With a rubber spatula or wire whisk fold the egg whites with the cake batter until well blended.
- Do not overmix otherwise the cake will be hard.
- Pour the cake batter into the cake pan and fill the pans about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 40 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Baking times vary from oven to oven, so keep checking after 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, turn the cake onto a plate, pour chocolate sauce from the top and sprinkle some powdered sugar through the strainer if you want to decorate it, otherwise leave this step, slice the cake and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 50 mins
- Category: Cake
- Cuisine: Continental