Macher Teler Chorchori aka Fish Fat, Fish liver and fish intestine mishmash with Potatoes and Eggplant is a Bengali delicacy.
- Fish Fat, Intestine and fish Liver/ Macher Tel: 200g
- Potato: 3
- Eggplant: 1
- Onion: 3
- Tomato: 2
- Ginger Paste: 1 Tbsp.
- Garlic Paste: 1.5 Tbsp.
- Green Chili: 4-5
- Kashmiri Red Chili Powder: 1 Tsp.
- Turmeric Powder: 1 Tsp.
- Salt: to taste
- Mustard Oil: 2 Tbsp.
- [url href="https://kitchenofdebjani.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Making-Macher-Teler-Chorchori.jpg"][/url]
- Wash the Fish portions aka Macher Tel (Fish Fat, Intestine and fish Liver).
- Marinate Macher Tel with 1/2 Tsp. of Turmeric Powder, 1/2 Tsp. of Kashmiri Red Chili Powder, and salt.
- Chop Onion roughly and cut tomatoes into small chunks.
- Peel the skin off the potatoes and cut into small cubes.
- Cut Eggplant into small cubes as well.
- Heat the oil in a pan and after sprinkling a little turmeric powder and salt fry Eggplant and keep aside.
- Fry the potatoes as well, till those turn golden brown in color.
- Add chopped onion along with the fish parts in the remaining oil in the pan.
- Start frying in low flame till the onion turns brown.
- The fish parts will emit their own fat and the dish will be cooked in the same.
- Add Ginger and garlic paste along with chopped tomatoes and chopped Gren Chilies and cook on a lower flame for around 5 minutes.
- Now add Turmeric Powder, Kashmiri Red Chili Powder, and salt and mix thoroughly.
- Add fried Potatoes and fried Eggplant.
- Keep the flame on the lower side.
- Cook for around 10 minutes or till the potatoes soften and the leaves oil from the edges.
- The end product must be mussy.
- Serve it hot with Plain rice or Roti.
I don't add any spices apart from Chili, turmeric, and salt. You may, however, add little Garam Masala while making the Macher Teler Chorchori. However, I feel the dish calls for domination by the fishy aroma, not the spices.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Fish
- Cuisine: Bengali
- Serving Size: 75g
- Calories: 200
- Sugar: 7.5g
- Sodium: 528mg
- Fat: 6.7g
- Saturated Fat: 1.3g
- Carbohydrates: 33.1g
- Fiber: 7.5g
- Protein: 4.2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg