Soru Chakli Pitha is a famous Bengali Crêpe-like Pithe prepared with Rice and Dal
- 2 cup Gobindobhog Rice
- 1 cup Kolai Dal/ Urad Dal
- 1 Tsp. Fennel Seed/ Mouri
- 1/4 Tsp. Salt
- 2 Tbsp. Ghee
- Soak Koklai dal/ Urad Dal in water overnight.
- Soak Rice for around 30 minutes in water.
- Make a smooth paste combining both rice and lentil by adding around 3-4 Tbsp. of water.
- The batter will have a similar consistency as dosa batter.
- Mix Salt and Fennel seed with the batter and leave it for an hour before making the Soru chakli.
- The mixture needs to be fermented a bit.
- Take a non-stick pan and heat the pan on medium flame.
- Brush Ghee over the pan using a silicon brush or you can use the upper side of the Eggplant.
- Pour a medium ladle full of batter over the ghee spread the batter to make a half inch thick disk.
- the Crêpe will start forming.
- Cover the Crêpe with a lid and cook on low flame for a minute.
- drizzle some Ghee on the top of the Crêpe and using a spatula turn it to cook from the other side.
- Don't overcook the Soru Chakli; it will not be as crispy as dosa.
- Shallow fry till the golden brown color forms.
- Take it out from the pan and make rest of the Crêpes.
- Serve it hot with either Nolen Gur or your choice of Potato side or even with Mangshor Jhol.
- You can replace Ghee with Oil for their low-calorie version.
- Gobindobhog Rice can be replaced with Basmati rice
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Bread
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: Bengali
- Serving Size: 2
- Calories: 452
- Sugar: 0.9g
- Sodium: 123mg
- Fat: 6.1g
- Saturated Fat: 3.4g
- Fiber: 12.8g
- Protein: 15.3g
- Cholesterol: 13mg
Keywords: Soru chakli pitha recipe, soru chakuli pitha recipe, debjanir rannaghar