Rich Indian Carrot fudge, Gajar Ka Halwa also known as Gajrela is prepared with grated Carrot, nuts, milk and Clarified Butter
- 1 kg Carrot (I use smaller one)
- 500g Khowa / Mawa / Solidified Milk
- 150ml Full Cream Milk
- 100g Dry fruits (Cashew Nut, Almond, Pistachios, and Raisin)
- 200g Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp. Green Cardamom Powder
- 100g Ghee/ Clarified Butter
- Wash the Carrots and peel the skin.
- Grate the carrots using a grater or a food processor.
- Now take the grated Carrot in a deep bottom pan along with the milk and start cooking on low flame with a lid on.
- The Carrot will release moisture after 2-3 minutes of cooking.
- Cook by covering the pan with a lid till the Carrot absorb the milk entirely.
- Add grated Mawa along with the Dry fruits and mix thoroughly.
- Add powdered Green Cardamom as well.
- Cook on low flame for 5 minutes and stir in between.
- Once the moisture soaked add Sugar and give a thorough mix.
- Add Ghee and cook until the Sugar dissolves completely.
- Switch the flame off once the Gajar Ka Halwa emits nice smell and thick in texture.
- Serve it hot.
- Reduce the amount of Ghee, Mawa, and Dryfruits as per your taste or if you wish to make a low-calorie version.
- Mawa can be replaced with Condensed milk and in that case, reduce sugar to half.
To decrease the time, you can make the Halwa in a pressure cooker as well.
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Indian
- Serving Size: 8
- Calories: 320
- Sugar: 36.9g
- Sodium: 147mg
- Fat: 12.5g
- Saturated Fat: 4.3g
- Carbohydrates: 47.3g
- Fiber: 3.8g
- Protein: 7.3g
- Cholesterol: 6mg
Keywords: gajar ka halwa recipe, gajrela recipe, gajorer halua recipe, gajar halwa recipe, debjanir rannaghar