Panch Mishali Tarkari is a Bengali Mix-veg prepared with several veggies and tempered with Panch Phoron.
- Potato: 3
- Eggplant: 1
- Broad Beans/ Shim: 6-8
- Pumpkin: 250g
- Green Chili: 2-3
- Red Chili: 1-2
- Panch Phoran: 1/2 Tsp.
- Panch Phoron Powder: 1/2 Tsp.
- Turmeric Powder: 1/2 Tsp.
- Chili Powder: 1/.4 Tsp. (optional)
- Sugar: 1 Tbsp.
- Salt: to taste
- Mustard Oil: 2-3 Tbsp.
- [url href="https://kitchenofdebjani.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/step-by-step-panch-misheli.jpg"][/url]
- Peel the skin and cut Potato, Pumpkin, Radish, and Eggplant into small Cubes.
- Cut Broad Bean into 1" square pieces.
- Heat Mustard Oil in a Pan and temper the Oil with Red Chili and Panch Phoron.
- Now add Potato cubes and shallow fry till the potatoes soften.
- Now add Broad beans and mix.
- Add Pumpkin and Radish as well and mix thoroughly.
- Add Panch Phoron Powder, Turmeric Powder, Red Chili Powder, Sugar and Salt to the veggies and mix.
- Lastly, add Eggplant cubes and Green Chili.
- Now add 1/2 cup water and cover the pan with a lid and cook on low flame till all the veggies soften.
- This can be served a bit mushy or with the chunks in the proper form based on preference.
- I prefer my Panch Mishali Tarkari a bit mushy.
- Once done, drizzle little mustard oil and mix. This will give distinct aroma to the dish.
- Serve Panch Mishali Tarkari hot with Roti or Rice and Daal.
Add veggies depending on the time those need to cook for. Potatoes to be added earlier followed by other veggies and Eggplant will go last.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: Bengali
- Calories: 326
- Sugar: 5.9g
- Sodium: 633mg
- Fat: 11.3g
- Saturated Fat: 1.4g
- Carbohydrates: 50.3g
- Fiber: 8.3g
- Protein: 8.3g
- Cholesterol: 0mg