An Easy-peasy recipe of Bacon Jam with no added alcohol.
- 500g Bacon ( I have used smoked Bacon)
- 2 Onion
- 10 cloves Garlic
- 1-inch Ginger (optional)
- 1/3 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar (packed)
- 1/3 cup Maple Syrup (optional)
- 1 Tsp. Black Pepper Powder
- 1 Tsp. Salt
- 3/4 cup Freshly Brewed Coffee
- 1 Tbsp. Unsalted Butter
- Chop Onion and garlic roughly cut julienne strips of Ginger.
- Heat an iron wok and start cooking the bacon preferably in 2-3 batches. The Bacon will be cooked in own oil.
- Once crisp, strain the bacon from the Pan and place over tissue paper to soak the fat.
- Discard the fat from the Pan after keeping 2 Tbsp. of melted fat in reserve.
- Heat the remaining fat along with butter and start frying the onion on medium flame.
- Once caramelized, add chopped garlic and chopped Ginger and cook for one more minute.
- Now add Maple Syrup, Brown Sugar, Black Pepper Powder, Salt and freshly brewed Coffee.
- In between roughly chop the fried bacon and add.
- Start cooking in slow flame upon covering the pan with a lid till the liquid absorbed completely.
- It took me around 20 minutes to reach the perfect consistency of the Bacon Jam.
- The end result will be thick and rich, blackish red Bacon Jam.
- Use an airtight jar to store the Bacon Jam.
- It can be stored in the refrigerator for around 3-4 weeks.
- You can add bourbon for alcoholic version.
If Maple syrup is not available, replace it with 2 Tbsp. Brown Sugar.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Jam & Jelly
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: Continental
- Serving Size: 1 Tbsp.
- Calories: 312
- Sugar: 15.5 g
- Sodium: 392 mg
- Fat: 23.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 8 g
- Carbohydrates: 18.4 g
- Fiber: 0.5 g
- Protein: 7.6 g
- Cholesterol: 61 mg
Keywords: bacon jam recipe, easy bacon jam recipe, bacon jam recipe debjanir rannaghar