Taler Bibikhana Pitha is a Cake prepared with Sugar Palm pulp and a few more ingredients and is a famous Bangladeshi dessert prepared with sugar palm.
- 1 Tal / Sugar Palm (to extract at least 150 ml juice)
- 1 Coconut
- 150ml Milk ( 1 cup)
- 2 Egg
- 150g Gur/ Jaggery
- 100ml Vegetable Oil
- 50g Ghee
- 50g Rice Flour / Chaaler Atta
- 100g All-Purpose Flour/ Maida
- 20 Raisin
- 20 Cashewnut
- 20 Pistachios
- 1/2 Tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp. Cinnamon Powder
- Remove the skin of the sugar Palm or Tal and sprinkle some water on the fruit.
- Separate the carnels and great the carnels using a grater to extract the juice from the Sugar Palm.
- Around 150 ml Sugar Palm extract is required to make the Bibikhana Pitha.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C for 15 minutes and make the batter in between.
- Now Scrap the coconut.
- Take the juice of Sugar Palm in a wok and start boiling on low flame for around 5-7 minutes until the juice thickens and emits a nutty aroma.
- Take the juice in a bowl and add 150 ml Milk and using a whisk mix properly.
- Add Oil followed by Ghee and mix.
- Now heat the gur in the microwave for 2 minutes and add the liquid gur to the mixture and whisk.
- Add Two Eggs at room temperature and using the whisk mix thoroughly.
- Now add Rice Flour and All-Purpose Flour along with the baking powder and lightly fold the flour into the mixture.
- Add Raisin, Cashew Nut, and Pistachios and lightly fold.
- Take a baking mold and grease the same with vegetable oil.
- Pour the mixture into the mold.
- Bake the Taler Bibikhana Pitha in a Pre-heated oven for 25 minutes at 180 degrees C.
- The Pitha will not rise much, however, do check after 20 minutes of baking by inserting a toothpick in the middle of the Pitha to check the doneness.
- It took me 25 minutes to bake the Pitha.
- Take the Pitha out of the Oven and cool it on a wire rack.
- I have given the Pitha a rest of 1 day before serving it.
- You can store the Taler Bibikhana Putha in the fridge for 10 days or so if using an airtight container.
- Prep Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Cake
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: Bengali
- Serving Size: 200g
- Calories: 784
- Sugar: 70.9g
- Sodium: 56mg
- Fat: 40.9g
- Saturated Fat: 22.2g
- Carbohydrates: 106g
- Fiber: 8.1g
- Protein: 8.2g
- Cholesterol: 59mg
Keywords: taler bibikhana pitha recipe, taler pitha recipe, debjanir rannaghar