An easy recipe along with step by step pictorial for making Pie Crust at home with some basic ingredients
- 375g All Purpose Flour (2.5 Cups)
- 225g Salted Butter
- 1/2 Tsp. Salt
- 1 Tsp. Powdered Sugar
- 120ml Iced chilled Water (1 Cup) (to be used based on requirement)
- Cut Butter into small cubes and refrigerate for 30 minutes. I prefer to place it in a deep fridge.
- Take All Purpose Flour along with the Salt and shift it twice.
- Keep it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Place the Bowl to be used for making the Pie crust and the mixing attachment of the mixer (I use a hand mixer to make the pie crust) along with a fork in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- In half cup of chilled water add 2-3 ice cubes and deep-fridge that for 10 minutes.
- Now take the Flour and mix powdered sugar with it and fold lightly.
- Add chilled butter chunks to the bowl and using the chilled fork start cutting the butter chunks and mixing with the All Purpose Flour until the butter chunks break into pea-nut size pieces and the mixture turns into a crumbly mix.
- Place the mixture in the freezer for 10 minutes again and then take it out and add little ice-cold water to it.
- Start adding 1 Tbsp. first and mix using the hand mixer and add a little more water again knead.
- I ended up kneading after adding around ½ Cup ice chilled water and it is better not to add extra water or the knead extra.
- There should be little peanut-sized butter chinks visible in the Pie crust once the kneading is finished.
- Wrap the Crust with cling film and place it in the freezer for around 30 minutes and use it afterward to make your choice of Pie.
- Try not to use hand as much as possible especially you are preparing the pie crust in a country like India where we are on the hotter side as Pie crust required chilliness.
- After cutting the pie crust into desired pieces and placing on the mold fridge it again before baking for better result.
- Prep Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Bread
- Method: cooking
- Cuisine: World