Chandrapuli is a moon shaped Bengali Sweet prepared with Coconut
- Coconut: 2
- Solidified Milk/ Khowa: 3.5 Cup (around 250g)
- Sugar: 8 Tbsp.
- Edible Camphor/ Karpur: 1 small cube (grinded into powder to make ½ Tsp. camphor powder)
- Green Cardamom: 5-6
- Clarified Butter/ Ghee: 1 Tsp.
- [url href="https://kitchenofdebjani.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Chandrapuli-7-300x208.jpg"][/url]
- Separate Cardamom seed from the skin and make a powder of green Cardamom.
- Grate Khowa and keep that aside.
- Grate Coconut using a coconut grater and then make a paste of the grated coconut using the dry jar of the mixer grinder.
- Now take grated Khowa in a deep bottom pan (preferably non-stick) and start cooking in medium flame until Khowa melts completely for around 3-4 minutes.
- Stir continuously to avoid sticking khowa in the bottom of the pan.
- Add Sugar to melted Khowa and keep stiring to melt Sugar as well. This will take around 5 minutes in low flame.
- Add grated coconut in this stage along with Green Cardamom powder and ix properly.
- Add powdered Camphor to the mixture and keep stirring till the mixture thickens and leaves the edges of the pan after around 7 minutes. Flame should be lower while cooking.
- Now take the mixture in a plate and allow it to cool for 10 minutes.
- Take little Ghee and apply on the Moulds and take around 2 Tbsp. mixture and by pressing with the fingers on the mould make Chandrapuli and give it a shape of half-moon.
- In case not available with a mould shape Chandrapuli using your hand.
- Make remaining Chandrapuli as well.
- Category: Sweet
- Cuisine: Bengali