Egg Roll is a type of Wrap and is a famous Street Food from Kolkata
- All-Purpose Flour: 250g
- Egg: 5
- Cucumber: 1
- Onion: 1
- Green Chili: 2-3
- Tomato Sauce: 3 Tbsp.
- Green Chili Sauce: 1 Tbsp.
- Lemon Juice: 1 Tsp.
- Sugar: 1 Tsp.
- Salt: 1 Tsp.
- Refined Vegetable Oil: 6 Tbsp.
Preparing the Dough:
- Take All Purpose Flour along with Sugar and ½ Tsp. salt in a bowl and mix properly.
- Add 1 Tbsp. Oil to the Flour and mix. The mixture should feel sand-like.
- Now knead Flour using water to make a soft dough. It took me 1 Cup water to knead the dough.
- Knead the dough for around five minutes.
- Cover the dough with a wet cloth and leave it for 30 minutes.
- Cut Cucumber and Onion into julienne pieces (long strip) and mix with lemon Juice leave it for 5 minutes.
- Chop Green Chili and mix with Cucumber-Onion pieces.
Making of the Egg Stacked Paratha:
- In a bowl take one Egg and sprinkle a little salt and beat it just like omelet batter.
- Now Take the Dough and knead it again for 1 minute and then divide it into 5 parts and make a round ball of each portion of dough.
- Take One Dough and Roll out it into a circle Paratha of 6” diameter.
- Make sure the Paratha is flat and thin.
- Now heat a flat frying pan in medium heat.
- Pour 1 Tbsp. Oil in the Pan and spread the oil in the center of the Pan and then pour Egg mixture over the oil.
- Keep the flame on the lower side.
- Now place the Paratha over the semi-cooked Egg and using your hand or a spatula lightly press it and then cook for 1 minute in low flame.
- Turn the Paratha using a spatula to other side and cook for around 2 minutes in low flame till the Paratha turn crispy and fully cooked.
Stuffing the Paratha and finishing Egg Roll:
- Place one Egg Paratha over a plate and put some Cucumber-Onion-Green Chili mix horizontally in one side and sprinkle some Tomato sauce and Green Chili Sauce over the Topping.
- Sprinkle a few drops of Lemon juice.
- You may sprinkle some seasoning as well.
- Start Rolling the Egg Paratha stuffed with veggies from one side and wrap it using a paper towel and then twist the paper towel to close it.
- Following the same process make rest of the Egg Rolls.
I have not added Green Chili and Chili Sauce in my daughter's portion
Instead of one egg per roll, you can use 2-3 eggs per roll to make it tastier.
You may add black pepper powder as a seasoning.
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Snack
- Cuisine: Bengali
- Serving Size: 120g
- Calories: 413
- Sugar: 3.7g
- Sodium: 662mg
- Fat: 21.3g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 44.2g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Protein: 11.5g
- Cholesterol: 164mg