For Making 6 Chocolate Cups:
- Bittersweet Cooking Chocolate: 200 g
- Silicone Cup Cake Liner: 6
For Making Mango Mousse:
- Ripe Mangoes: 2, chopped
- Gelatin: 2 Tsp. ( I used unflavoured Solar Gelatin)
- Whipping Cream: 200 ml (I used Amul Whipping Cream)
- Icing Sugar: 4 Tbsp.
- Ripe Mango: 1, chopped
- Sprinkle 1 Tsp.
- Chocolate Chips: 1 Tsp.
Making of Chocolate Cups:[url href="https://kitchenofdebjani.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Making-of-Chocolate-Cups-217x300.jpg"][/url]
- Break Chocolate into small pieces or if using Chocolate chips then you don’t need to chop those.
- Take Chocolate in a Deep Microwave safe bowl and heat it at high temperature for 40 seconds and mix vigorously using a fork or spoon until chocolate melts completely.
- Now place Cupcake liners in a Cupcake Mold and pour around 1 Tbsp. melted chocolate in each liner.
- Coat Cupcake liners using a Pastry Brush and after coating all the liners refrigerate those along with the mold for around 20 minutes.
- Now coat each Cupcake liner with melted chocolate and again refrigerate to set the chocolate.
- If required coat Cupcake liners one more time with Chocolate and refrigerate.
- [url href="https://kitchenofdebjani.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Chocolate-Cups-300x153.jpg"][/url]
Making of Mango Mousse:
- Make a smooth puree of two Ripe Mangoes using a food processor and strain the puree using a strainer.
- I’ve added 2 Tbsp. Icing Sugar in Mango Puree to make it a bit sweeter since I’ve used Lyangra variety of Mango which is not typically sweet.
- Refrigerate Mango Puree for around 10 minutes.
- Refrigerate Whipping cream before using it for around 30 minutes along with the Bowl and even the whipping attachment.
- I've used the whisk attachment on my hand blender for whipping the cream; if you are not available with a mixer then use a manual whisk or fork to whip the cream.
- Add 3 Tbsp. of icing Sugar to the Cream while whisking it.*
- It took me 4 minutes to whip the cream and to create a soft pick which is essential for Mousse.
- Refrigerate the cream for around 5 minutes.
- Now heat around 5 Tbsp. water and sprinkle gelatine over the hot water and leave it for 5 minutes in room temperate to allow Gelatin to activate.
- Mix Gelatin with a spoon vigorously and mix it with the chilled Mango Puree properly.
- Now mix the Mango Puree with the Whipped Cream using a spoon very carefully. Don’t overmix.
- Transfer the Bowl to the refrigerator again for around 10 minutes.
Assembling Mango Mouse within the Chocolate Cups and Decoration:
- Fill a Piping bag with Mango Mousse and keep that aside.
- Peel Cupcake liners carefully from the Chocolate Cups.
- Place few chopped mangoes on the bottom of the Chocolate Cups and pipe each Chocolate Cup with Mango Mousse.
- Top Mango Mousse with a piece of Mango, some Chocolate Chips and few Sprinkles and refrigerate Mango Mousse in Chocolate Cups for 15-20 minutes before serving.
- [url href="https://kitchenofdebjani.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Mango-Mousse-in-Cocholate-Cups-152x300.jpg"][/url]
No added Sugar required in case of using Canned Mango Puree.
*If using Whipping Cream with added Sugar then no need to add Icing Sugar separately.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Indian