- Ripe Mangoes: 5 (around 1 Kg) (here I've used Safeda variety which is widely available now in India)
- Sugar: 2 cup ( 450 g)
- Lemon Juice: 2 Tbsp.
- Cut the top crown portion of Mangoes and soak those in water for 30 minutes.
- I always soak mangoes for some time before having those in any form.
- Remove Skin and discard Mango Seed.
- Cut Mangoes into small Cubes. Extract as much as possible Juice from the body of the Mango Seeds.
- Since I prefer a bit rough texture of the Jam I don’t make a puree while preparing jam. If you need smoother consistency then make Puree of Mangos for preparing the Jam.
- Now in a deep bottomed Pan (preferably Non-stick) take Mango Cubes along with Sugar and Lemon Juice and start cooking in medium flame.
- Mash Mangoes a bit using a wooden ladle and cook till Sugar dissolves completely.
- You can adjust Sugar according to your taste. Mangoes that I had were too sweet and it took me around 2 Cup of Sugar to make the Jam.
- Reduce the flame when the mixture start bubbling and cook for around 10 minutes until the mixture thicken and mangoes massed completely.
- Mix in between with a ladle and cook till the mixture turn glossy in texture for around 15 minutes more. End result should be a semi thick Jam.
- Switch the flame off and let the Jam cool completely.
- Store Jam in a sterilized Glass container.
I don't use any food colour or Preservative in my Jam
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving Size: 6 People