To make the Tahini Paste:
- Sesame Seed: 1 cup
- Olive Oil: 1/4 cup
- Tahini Paste: 1 cup
- Garlic: 4 clove
- Lemon: 1
- Salt: 1/4 Tsp.
- Take Sesame Seed in a dry frying pan and dry roast them in medium flame for around 2-3 minutes or till those turn golden in color and fragrant.
- Stir continuously with a Wooden Spatula. Don't let the seed turn brown.
- Transfer the Seed in a separate Bowl and let them cool completely.
- Now take Sesame Seed in a Grinder and grind them completely to make a smooth powder.
- I have used the dry Jar of my Food Processor for doing the same. If you are not available with a grinder then use a Mortar Pestle of Shilnora (Shilbatta) to make the Powder.
- I prefer to use the Powder a bit smooth while some people prefer coarse Powder so the choice is yours. However, the end result should be a crumbly paste.
- Now start adding Olive Oil to the Paste.
- Initially, add 1 Tbsp. Oil and start mixing in the same grinder and add rest of the oil and complete making the paste.
- I have added ¼ Cup of Oil in 1 cup Sesame Seed.
- If you wish to have your paste a bit liquid then just adds more oil and vice versa.
- Basic Tahini Paste is ready.
- It can be stored for 3 months and you can use it while making Middle-eastern Dishes.
- What if you don't want to make a Middle-Eastern Dish but you need a dip for your Nachos or a Salad dressing instead of Mayonnaise. One of the common answers is Tahini Dip or Tahini Sauce which can be prepared with Tahini Paste.
Tahini Dip or Tahini Sauce:
- Take Tahini Paste in a mixer and add ¼ Tsp. Salt, 4 cloves of Garlic and squeeze the juice of a Lemon and mix it for 1-2 minutes and the dip is ready!
- I prefer to add little extra Garlic so the quantity can be reduced based on the taste
- The same is applicable for Lemon Juice.
- Tahini Dip is ready for using in Salad or I use it as a spread of Bread and sometimes have it with Cucumber.
Roasting Sesame seed is optional since many people prefer to not to roast the Sesame Seed but I love to roast them because roasted seed provides Tahini a special aroma.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Sauce & Dips
- Cuisine: Middle Eastern