Indian Pickle Spice mix prepared by mixing several Spices
- Black Mustard Seed/ Shorshe Dana/ Kala Sarsoon: 100g (1 Cup)
- Fenugreek Seed/ Methi Dana/ Methi- 75g (2/3 Cup)
- Fennel Seed/Mouri/ Moti Saunf: 75g (6 tbsp.)
- Dry Mango Powder/ Amchur Powder: 100g (1 Cup)
- Nigella Seed/ Kalojire/ Kalonji: 1 Tbsp.
- Carom Seed/ Jowan/ Ajwain: 25g (3 Tbsp.)
- Asafoetida/ Hing: 1 ½ Tsp.
- [url href="https://kitchenofdebjani.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/2015-02-10-21.07.37-300x270.jpg"][/url]
- Dry roast all the spices except Asafoetida and Dry Mango powder separately for around 1-2 minutes till aroma come from the spices. Spices can be roast all together but I prefer to roast them separately since they may require different time for roasting.
- Let the spices cooled completely.
- Now coarsely grind spices using a mixer or Shil-Nora or Silbatta. We don’t need superfine spice powder for Achari Masala.
- Now mix Dry Mango Powder and Asafoetida to the spice mixture.
- Achari Masala is ready and can be stored in an Airtight Container for around 2 months.
- Prep Time: 50 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Spice
- Cuisine: Indian