Gurer Narkel Naru is a signature Bengali Sweet prepared with fresh grated coconut and Jaggery
- Coconut: 3
- Jaggery / Gur: 350 g. (I've used Patali Gur)
- Mawa: 150g
- Mixed Dry Fruits: 50g
- [url href="https://cdn1.kitchenofdebjani.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Untitled-11-3.jpg"][/url]
- Grate Coconuts using a grater or if using frozen one then just thaw it before using.
- Break the Jaggery into small pieces or if available use powdered Jaggery.
- Now take grated coconut in a non-stick pan and start roasting in low flame till the grated coconut turns light brown in color.
- Stir continuously. This process would take 2-3 minutes.
- Now add entire jaggery to the coconut mix and stir vigorously till the Jaggery stars melting.
- Continue cooking on low flame for around 15-20 minutes or till the mixture turns sticky and golden brown in color.
- Add Mawa and dry fruits and mix thoroughly till Mawa dissolves.
- Switch off the flame after getting desired consistency (as shown in the picture).
- Transfer the mixture to a plate and start forming small balls out of the mixture when it is a bit warm. Don’t wait to let it cool since you may not be able to shape it after that.
- Narkel Naru can be stored in an air-tight container for 10-20 days.
Don’t use desiccated coconut for preparing Narkel Naru.
You can skip Mawa and dry fruits
Cardamom powder can be added for extra flavor
- Category: Sweet
- Cuisine: Bengali