Gurer Narkel Naru is a signature Bengali Sweet prepared with fresh grated coconut and Jaggery
- 3 Coconut
- 350g Jaggery / Gur (I've used Patali Gur)
- 150g Mawa
- 50g Mixed Dry Fruits
- Grate Coconuts using a grater or if using frozen one then just thaw it before using.
- Break the Jaggery into small pieces or if available use powdered Jaggery.
- Now take grated coconut in a non-stick pan and start roasting in low flame till the grated coconut turns light brown in color.
- Stir continuously. This process would take 2-3 minutes.
- Now add entire jaggery to the coconut mix and stir vigorously till the Jaggery stars melting.
- Continue cooking on low flame for around 15-20 minutes or till the mixture turns sticky and golden brown in color.
- Add Mawa and dry fruits and mix thoroughly till Mawa dissolves.
- Switch off the flame after getting desired consistency (as shown in the picture).
- Transfer the mixture to a plate and start forming small balls out of the mixture when it is a bit warm. Don’t wait to let it cool since you may not be able to shape it after that.
- Narkel Naru can be stored in an air-tight container for 10-20 days.
- Don’t use desiccated coconut for preparing Narkol Naru.
- You can skip Mawa and dry fruits
- Cardamom powder can be added for extra flavor
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Sweet
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: Bengali
- Serving Size: 50g
- Calories: 151
- Sugar: 10.4g
- Sodium: 444mg
- Fat: 10.8g
- Saturated Fat: 9.1g
- Carbohydrates: 13.7g
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Protein: 1.4g
- Cholesterol: 1mg