Kancha Lanka Murgi is a Bengali Chicken curry prepared with a paste of the skin of green chilies.
- Chicken: 750 g (medium pieces)
- Hung Curd: 100g
- Onion: 4 (sliced longitudinally)
- Ginger Paste: ½ tbsp.
- Garlic Paste: 1 tbsp.
- Green Chilies: 20
- Cumin Powder: 2 tsp.
- Coriander Powder: 2 tsp.
- Turmeric Powder: ½ tbsp.
- Bengali Garam Masala Powder: 2 tsp.
- Bay leaf: 1-2
- Salt to Taste
- Mustard Oil: 4 tbsp.
- [url href="https://kitchenofdebjani.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Kancha-Lonka-Murgi-making.jpg"][/url]
- Wash chicken pieces thoroughly and pat dry them.
- Marinade chicken with ginger-garlic paste (half of the total quantity mentioned), cumin powder-coriander powder – turmeric powder (half of the total quantity mentioned), and also a pinch of salt and 1 tbsp. mustard oil for about 2 hours (you can increase the time for marination).
- Take 10 green chilies and de-seed them and make a paste of chili skin along with 4-5 chilies with seed.
- Take 3 tbsp. mustard oil in a deep bottom pan and temper oil with the bay leaf
- Add sliced onions and fry till onions turn translucent in color.
- Add Ginger-Garlic Paste and fry for 2-3 minutes in low flame and add beaten curd and again fry for 5 minutes.
- Take all the spices mentioned in a bowl and add 1 tbsp. water and mix spices to get a thick paste and add this mixture to the pan
- Fry for 4-5 minutes in low flame.
- You can add 1-2 tbsp of water in between till oil comes out from the fried spices.
- Add Marinated chicken pieces and cook for 10 minutes on low flame.
- Now it’s time to add the heart of the Dish – Green Chilies! Add Green Chili paste and mix properly.
- Now it’s time to add 1.5 cups of hot water.
- Take one spoonful of gravy and check the spices and if required adjust them accordingly.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook on medium flame for around 10 minutes to get a thick, rich golden green chicken dish.
- Switch off the flame and give the chicken 5 minutes of standing time.
- Serve it hot with steamed rice.
- Category: Chicken, Side
- Cuisine: Bengali