A very interesting recipe of Mango Kulfi where Kulfi is set within the core of Mango
- Ripe Mango: 2-3 (I've used Safeda)
- Full Cream Milk: 500 ml
- Khoya / Mawa: 100 g
- Condensed Milk: 50 ml
- Sugar: ½ cup
- Blanched Pistachio, Almond, cashew nut and Raisin: handful
- Saffron strands: 8-10
- Take one mango and cut a small skin portion from the upper side (where the stem is attached) to make a semi hole.
- Very carefully scoop mango pulp with the help of a spoon or fork through the hole and with a twist scoop out the stone (Aanti / gutli) from the mango.
- Do not scoop entire pulp from the mango. There has to be sufficient amount of pulp within it.
- With the same process scoop other mangoes also.
- Refrigerate scooped mangoes for an hour.
- With the help of a processor make mango purée ( use the pulp scooped out from the mangoes ) .
- Boil milk and reduce it to half and add khoya and condensed milk and boil for around 5-7 minutes in low flame.
- Add sugar and boil for 2 minutes.
- Add dry fruits and saffron strands and boil in simmer till the mixture thickens.
- Take the mixture in a container and cool it in room temperature.
- Fridge the mixture in deep-fridge to set the Kulfi.
- Take out the Kulfi mix and blend it with help of a spoon or hand blender and again fridge it to set.
- Follow above mentioned step for one more time but this time add mango puree in the mixture and refrigerate to set.
- Take out the Kulfi and blend it with the help of a spoon again and pour within the empty mango shells.
- Place the mango full of Kulfi in a Tea cup or small bowl; it will help to place the mango in refrigerator.
- Refrigerate till the Kulfi set properly within mangoes.
- Take Mango- Kulfis out of the fridge and cut into 4 halves.
- What else!!!!! Enjoy your Mango Kulfi.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Indian