Bengali Phulkopi Aloo Dalna Aka Aloo Phulkopi Dalna is a no onion no garlic delicacy cooked with big chunks of Cauliflower and Potatoes
- 6 Aloo /Potato (Medium Size) cut into two halves
- 1 Phulkopi / Cauliflower (medium size) cut into medium sized florets
- 1/2 cup Green Peas (optional)
- 2 Tomato; medium size
- 1 Tbsp. Ginger paste
- 1/2 Tsp. Cumin Seed
- 1 Tsp. Cumin powder
- 1 Tsp. Bengali Garam Masala Powder
- 1/2 Tsp. Asafoetida / Hing
- 1/2 Tsp. Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tsp. Red Chili Powder (I prefer to use Kashmiri Red Chili Powder)
- 1 Tsp. Salt or to taste
- 1 Tsp. Sugar
- 2 Bay leave
- 2 Dried Red Chili
- Refined Vegetable Oil for deep-frying
- 1/2 Tbsp. Ghee
- Cut Potatoes into half and Cauliflower into medium-sized pieces.
- Make a smooth puree of tomatoes.
- Rub salt and Turmeric Powder on Potatoes and cauliflower pieces.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and fry potatoes till those turn golden
- Now fry cauliflower florets until those turn golden brown
- Keep both the fried veggies aside.
- Temper remaining oil with Bay leaf, Red Chilli, Cumin Seed and add Asafoetida after mixing with 1 Tbsp. water.
- Add tomato puree and ginger paste to the tempering and sauté for two minutes.
- Add Cumin Powder, Garam Masala Powder, Turmeric Powder, Red Chili Powder, Sugar and Salt and sauté till oil comes out from the mixture.
- Now add Green Peas (optional).
- Add fried potatoes and sauté for 5 minutes on low flame.
- Add 1 Cup of Water and cook for 5 minutes on low flame with a lid on till Potatoes soften.
- Now add the fried cauliflower and sauté for 2 more minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup of water and boil the “DALNA” in medium flame till desired consistency and/or aroma comes from the gravy.
- Add Ghee and mix it well with the Dalna.
- Switch the flame off and serve it hot with LUCHI”, “KOCHURI” or ”PARATHA” or “RICE”.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: Bengali
- Serving Size: 250g
- Calories: 284
- Sugar: 8.1g
- Sodium: 537mg
- Fat: 7.4g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 49.8g
- Fiber: 10.2g
- Protein: 8.6g
- Cholesterol: 3mg
Keywords: Aloo Phulkopir Dalna recipe, Phulkopi aloo Dalna recipe, Bengali aloo gobi recipe, debjanir rannagfhar