An easy recipe of famous Indian delicacy Besan Laddu
- Besan / Bengal Gram Flour: 500 g
- Sooji / Semolina: 2 tbsp
- Powdered Sugar: 500 g
- Ghee/ Clarified Butter: 250 g
- Almond: 20-30(chopped)
- Cardamom Powder: 2 tsp.
- Saffron- 3-4 strands
- Dry roast Besan along with Sooji in a deep vessel/ Karai for about 10 minutes in medium flame or till the mixture turns golden brown.
- Nutty aroma will come at this point.
- Melt Ghee in a Deep bottom pan.
- Now add roasted Besan and fry till it turns darker.
- Add cardamom powder and saffron strands and mix properly.
- Roast chopped almonds and mix those with the besan mixture thoroughly.
- Remove the mixture from flame and mix powdered sugar with it.
- Pour the mixture into a big plate and allow the mixture to cool.
- Now prepare small balls of the mixture depending on your preference for size.
- “Besan ki Laddu” is ready to serve.
- You can store Besan Laddu is an airtight container for several days.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Indian