Posto Badam Halwa or Kuskhus Badam Halwa is a famous Indian Sweet prepared during Diwali / Eid and other auspicious occasions in India . This Halwa is very nutritious and often given to new mothers after delivery. This is one of My MIL’s signature Recipe and Hubby’s favorite as well. This is one of the dishes that I prepare on Eid..
Mehebub loves Posto/ Poppy Seed a lot and he can have it any form; be it sweet or savory; his love for Posto is unconditional. I was not even aware before marriage about the Halwa prepared with Posto and I heard about it for the first time from him and then I learned from my MIL how to make this tasty Posto Badam Halwa.
Posto/ Khuskhus/ Poppy seed- Badam Halwa
- Poppy seed/ Posto/Khuskhus: 150g
- Almond/ Kath Badam/Badam: 100g
- Ghee/ Clarified Butter: 75 g
- Sugar: 100g
- Condensed Milk: ½ cup
- Milk: ½ Cup
- Soak posto and almonds separately in hot water for five hours or overnight.
- Drain water from posto and grind to a semi-thick paste . If required, add 1 tbsp milk.
- Make a paste of almonds as well.
- Heat ghee in a non-stick pan and add paste of posto to it. Saute on low flame for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add almond paste and saute for five more minutes.
- Add sugar to the mixture and saute till sugar dissolves completely.
- Add condensed milk and normal milk.
- Cook until halwa turns to semi solid consistency and stops sticking to the pan.
- Remove from flame and garnish with whole almonds. Serve hot.