Indian dessert Posto badam Halwa prepared with Poppyseed and Almond
- Poppyseed/ Posto/Khuskhus: 150g
- Almond/ Kath Badam/Badam: 100g
- Ghee/ Clarified Butter: 75 g
- Sugar: 100g
- Condensed Milk: ½ cup
- Milk: ½ Cup
- Soak posto and almonds separately in hot water for five hours or overnight.
- Drain water from posto and grind to a semi-thick paste. If required, add 1 tbsp milk.
- Make a paste of almonds as well.
- Heat ghee in a non-stick pan and add paste of posto to it. Saute on low flame for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add almond paste and saute for five more minutes.
- Now add sugar to the mixture and saute until sugar dissolves completely.
- Add condensed milk and normal milk.
- Cook until halwa turns to semi-solid consistency and stops sticking to the pan.
- Remove from flame and garnish Posto Badam Halwa with whole almonds. Serve hot.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Bengali