MAcher Dimer Bora is a Bengali style fritter prepared with fresh fish roe
- Fish Roe: 150-200 gm ( I've used Roe of Rohu Fish/ Rui Mach)
- Besan / Bengal gram flour: 4 tbsp
- Onion: 1(roughly chopped)
- Ginger paste: 1 Tsp.
- Garlic paste: 1.5 Tsp.
- Green Chilies : 3-4 (chopped)
- Posto/ Poppy Seed/ Khaskhas: 1 Tsp.
- Turmeric Powder: ½ Tsp.
- Salt: To taste
- Oil: For deep frying (preferably mustard oil or vegetable oil)
- Wash fish eggs carefully since those are really tiny and drain excess water from it.
- In a bowl mix fish eggs with chopped onion, garlic paste, ginger paste, chopped chilies, turmeric powder, and poppy seed.
- Add salt and Gram Flour and make a thick batter.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and pour a tablespoon full of egg mixture to make Fritter (4-5 bora/vada can be fried simultaneously based on the diameter of the frying pan).
- Deep fry the fritters in low flame till the fritters cooked properly from inside and turn golden from both sides.
- Take fritters out of the oil and place on a tissue paper to soak out the excess oil.
- Serve hot with rice and dal (preferably Mung/ Masoor Dal) or as a snack with tomato ketchup.
- Category: Snack
- Cuisine: Bengali