Savoury Cheese and Veggie Muffins
Recipe type: Breakfast
Serves: 12 muffins
- All Purpose Flour / Maida: 1.5 Cup (250g)
- Baking Powder: 1.5 Tsp.
- Baking Soda: 1 Tsp.
- Salt: to Taste (to be adjusted)
- Chili Flakes: 1 Tsp.
- Mixed Herb: ½ Tsp.
- Eggs: 2
- Milk: 1 Cup (150 ml)
- Refined Oil: ½ Cup (75 ml)
- Mozzarella Cheese: 1 Cup (grated)
- Processed Cheese: ½ Cup (grated)
- Carrot: ½ (chopped)
- Bell Pepper: ½ (chopped)
- Green Peas: ½ Cup
- Onion: 1 (chopped)
- French Beans: ½ Cup (chopped)
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 Degree C for 10 minutes.
- Line a muffin tray with muffin cups.
- Cut and chop all the veggies into small pieces.
- Take All Purpose Flour along with Baking Powder, Baking Soda, and Salt and shift the same using a sieve.
- Now in a bowl take two eggs and using a hand blender blend the eggs along with the oil till the mixture turns frothy.
- Now fold the Flour mixture with the wet mixture lightly.
- Add Chili flakes, mixed herb and fold the chopped veggies as well.
- Now take ⅔ of the grated Mozzarella cheese and entire grated processed cheese and fold those into the mixture.
- Pour the muffin batter into the muffin cups and fill ⅔ of each cup.
- Sprinkle remaining grated Mozzarella Cheese over the muffins along with little chili flakes.
- Bake the Muffins for 20-25 minutes in 180 degrees Centigrade or until a toothpick comes out clean while inserting in the middle of a muffin upon baking.
- The Cheese and Veggie Muffins should be golden and crispy on the top upon completion of the baking.
- Take the muffin tin out of the oven and cool on a wire rack for 5-6 minutes before serving.
- The Cheese and Veggie Muffins best serve semi-hot.
The quantities of the ingredients mentioned here can be used for making 12 muffins.
I prefer to do the chopping work at night followed by a morning baking
Recipe by Debjanir Rannaghar at http://kitchenofdebjani.com/2017/01/savoury-cheese-and-veggie-muffins/