Recipe type: Ice Cream
Serves: 6 People
- Full Cream Milk: 500 ml
- Khowa / Mawa / Solidified Milk: 500 g
- Rice Flour: 3 Tbsp.
- Pistachios: 15-20
- Almond: 10
- Saffron Strand: few
- Green Cardamom: 3
- Keora Water: 2-3 drops
- Sugar: 8 Tbsp.
- Chop Almond and Pistachios and keep those aside.
- Grate Khowa / solidified milk and grate it and keep aside.
- Now take mil in a deep bottom pan and start boiling it in medium flame.
- Keep 4-5 Tbsp. of milk separated and mix Rice flower with the milk and mix vigorously so that no lump formed.
- Keep boiling remaining milk until that reduced to half.
- Now mix rice flour mixture with the milk and mix that well using a spatula.
- Add grated Khowa and mix it properly with the milk.
- Keep cooking in medium flame.
- At this point mix chopped Almond and Pistachios and after mixing properly add sugar to the mixture.
- Now add Crushed Green Cardamom, crushed saffron and Keora water to the mixture and keep mixing everything.
- Boiling the milk, colour of Khowa and Saffron will give the mixture a natural creamy yellow colour.
- Now switch the flame off and using a ladle fill Kulfi molds with the Kulfi mixture and seal the top either with cap or with aluminium foil.
- Fridge Kulfi in deep fridge for 2-3 hours or until Kulfi set completely.
- Using a spoon or knife de-mold Kulfi and serve it after sprinkling some Rose syrup and Faluda Sev (if available).
Recipe by Debjanir Rannaghar at http://kitchenofdebjani.com/2016/05/kulfi/