How to make Caramel Syrup
Recipe type: sauce
Serves: 1 medium Bowl
- Sugar: 1 Cup (150 g)
- Water: ⅔ Cup + 1 Tbsp.
- Take a good quality thick bottom non-stick pan and place it on heat.
- Pour Sugar and 1 Tbsp. of Water on the pan and let the sugar melt in high temperature.
- Don’t use a spatula or spoon to mix Sugar and let the sugar melt by itself top prevent crystallization of Sugar.
- Once the Sugar melted completely, let it cooked in high heat and it will start changing colour after around a minute and will start bubbling as shown in the picture.
- Making Caramel requires constant watch else Sugar will burn and can not be used for making Caramel.
- Boil ⅔ Cup of water and keep that aside. I use microwave oven to heat the water. 1 Minute heating at high temperature is sufficient.
- When the melted Sugar turned into amber colour switch the flame off and pour boiled water over the Caramel very carefully.
- Now cook in medium flame to dissolve the caramel with the water for 3-4 minutes.
- Again try to not to use a spatula to mix instead mix it by twisting the pan.
- Switch the flame off and let the semi thick Caramel Syrup cool completely and store in a sterilized glass jar for future use
Recipe by Debjanir Rannaghar at https://kitchenofdebjani.com/2015/12/how-to-make-caramel-syrup/