Recipe type: Dessert
- Whole Wheat Flour: 2 Cup (300g)
- Baking Powder: 1 Tsp.
- Baking Soda: 1 Tsp.
- Salt: ½ Tsp. (optional)
- Egg: 2
- Pumpkin puree: 1.5 Cup (250 g)
- Refined Oil: ¾ Cup (100 ml)
- Hung Curd: ⅓ Cup (50 ml)
- Vanilla Essence: 3-4 drops
- Sugar: 1 Cup (150 g)
- Cinnamon: 1”
- Dry Ginger Powder: ½”
- Clove: 4-5
- Nutmeg: ¼
- Cashew nut: 10-15
- Cherrie: 8-10
- Tutti Frutti / Candied Papaya: 1 Tbsp.
- Cream Cheese: 100g
- Pumpkin Puree: ½ Cup
- Red Food colour: 1 drop
- Yellow Food Colour: 1 drop
- Icing Sugar: 3 Tbsp.
- Take Cinnamon, Dry ginger, Nutmeg and clove and ground into a smooth powder. This spice mix will be added to the cupcake batter later on.
- Remove the Skin of a medium sized Pumpkin and cut into small pieces and then using the wet jar of the grinder make smooth puree and run through a strainer. I made 1.5 Cup of Pumpkin puree.
- Preheat oven in 180 degree c for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl shift Whole Wheat Flour along with Baking Powder, Baking Soda and salt.
- Add 1 Tsp. of “Spice Mix” to the Flour mixture.
- In another bowl take 2 eggs in room temperature and mix using a hand blender until the eggs turn fluffy.
- Now add Oil to the mixture and using the bender blend properly.
- Add Curd, Vanilla Essence and give it a mix again.
- Add Sugar to beaten eggs and mix again for 30 second or until sugar mixes properly.
- Add 1 Cup of Pumpkin Puree and again mix.
- Now add Flour mix in three batches to the Wet mixture and mix property using cut and fold method. Don’t overmix in this stage.
- Chop Cashew Nut, Cherries and Tutti Frutti and mix lightly with the batter
- Line a Cupcake tray with paper liners and pour 3 Tbsp. of the batter in each Cupcake liner.
- Now bake Cupcakes in the preheated oven for 15 minutes in 180 degree c and check after 15 minute by inserting a toothpick whether the cupcakes are done or not.
- If required bake for few more minutes.
- Remove Pumpkin Cupcakes from the oven and cool on a wire rack.
- Cream Cheese and Pumpkin Puree should be refrigerated before making the frosting.
- Take Cream Cheese in a bowl and using a hand blender blend it for 1 minute in medium speed.
- Add Icing Sugar and Pumpkin puree and mix properly.
- Add ½ Tsp. of “spice mix” and mix it again.
- Divide the frosting into two parts and mix 1 drop of Red food colouring in one part and yellow food colouring in another part.
- Take Cream cheese and Pumpkin frosting in a piping bag and decorate Pumpkin Cupcakes with it.
Whole Wheat Flour can be replaced with All Purpose Flour.
Refined Oil can be replaced with Butter
Recipe by Debjanir Rannaghar at http://kitchenofdebjani.com/2015/11/pumpkin-cupcake/