Chocolate Chip Cookies
Recipe type: Cookie, Baking
Cuisine: World, Indian
Serves: 20 chocolate chip cookies
- All Purpose Flour / Maida: 2.5 cup
- Baking Powder: 1 Tsp.
- Baking Soda: 1 Tsp.
- Salt: 1 Tsp
- Unsalted Butter: ½ Cup
- Castor Sugar: 1.5 Cup (half of the sugar can be replaced with brown sugar)
- Chocolate Chips: 50 g (extra can be used; I have used dark chocolate chips; other flavour also would do)
- Egg: 2
- Vanilla Essence: ½ Tsp.
- Mix all the dry ingredients i.e. All Purpose Flour, Baking Powder, Baking soda and Salt in a bowl.
- If unsalted butter is not available then normal salted butter can be used but in that case no need to add extra salt in flour.
- In a bowl take Butter in room temperature and add Sugar powder and start beating to get a fluffy creamy mixture.
- Now add one egg and again beat and then add another egg and the vanilla and again beat to get the wet mixture done.
- Now it’s time to mix dry ingredients with the wet ingredients.
- Don’t add entire flour at a time but add the flour in three parts and mix with the wet ingredients using cut and fold method. Don't over mix.
- Finally add Chocochips to the mix and the end product should be semi-soft Cookie dough.
- Cover the dough using a Cling film and transfer it to refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
- Pre-heat the oven in 180 degree C for 10 minutes.
- Take the dough out of the refrigerator and make small 1.5” rounds out of it and place them on a baking tray and bake for around 10-12 minutes in 180 degree C.
- There should be a gap of 3” between the cookies.
- Do check after 8 minutes the condition of the cookies since every oven is different!
- Take the cookies out in a wire rack and give a standing time of 10 minutes.
Recipe by Debjanir Rannaghar at http://kitchenofdebjani.com/2014/11/chocolate-chip-cookies-html/