Baking is always been my passion and I bake goodies quite often in my kitchen. I have both OTG and convection enabled microwave oven available in my workstation but I prefer OTG over convection microwave oven for more perfect baking results. OTG can give more professional baking result compared to convection enabled microwave oven. I was quite excited when Borosil India and Food Bloggers Association, India (#FBAIREVIEWBOX), India send me a Borosil Prima 19 L Oven Toaster Griller or OTG for review and to share my experience using it.
I have used Borosil Prima 19 L Oven Toaster Griller entire last week to make different baked goodies and finally come up with my review of this product. Borosil is a known name especially when it comes to bakeware and glassware and now they have entered into the market of Oven and other Kitchen requirements. I was quite conscious while using the OTG and have tried verse goodies to check the capability.
Body of the OTG:
I found the Borosil Prima 19 L Oven Toaster Griller sleek, simple yet with a firm steal body. My special mention is the Knob functions available in this OTG. There are three Knobs in this oven alike other oven: Temperature, Function and Timing. I found the quality of the buttons/ knobs really durable as compared to similar products available in market. This OTG has come with a Crumb Tray, one food tray and one handle. A proper power supply of 230V ˜ 50Hz and Wattage of 1300W is must for operating the OTG. This OTG is really light in weight and can be moved easily from one place to another.
Borosil Prima 19 L Oven Toaster Griller is available with temperature option from as low as 90 degree C to as high as 230 degree C and this means varied goodies can be baked very easily in the oven.
As far as function is concerned, five options are available in Borosil OTG viz: Upper heating, Lower heating, Upper and Lower Heating, Upper heating and Fan, Upper and Lower Heating and Fan where first two options are ideal for making cake and third one is perfect for making bread and Pizzas and last two options are for baking poultries, fish etc.
Timer can be set for 10 minutes to more than 60 minutes.
Few Pros and Cons I found while reviewing Borosil Prima 19 L OTG:
- Light weight and sleek design.
- This product is reasonably compact and can be fit within a moderate space in kitchen counter.
- Functioning is easy and can be availed without any complication even by a new baker.
- Quality of the Knobs are durable.
- This product is ideal for a family of 3-4 person.
- You can bake easily 15 cookies / 9 Muffins / 1 Kg Cake / around 750g- 1 kg Chicken in this Oven.
- Length of the Power cord is on the lower side.
- No cook book was provided with the OTG. A cook book is really helpful for the New Bakers who are not much aware about temperature and power control of an OTG.
Goodies I made so far using the Borosil 19L Prima OTG
- Eggless Marble Cake
- Chicken Tandoori
- Rich Fruit Cake (Old Post but made it again using the oven)
I was sent the Borosil Prima 19 L Oven Toaster Griller by Borosil India and Food Bloggers Association, India for a review on my blog. I have given my personal and unbiased opinion while reviewing this product.