Unlike Momma, Pasta is also not happy with Papa’s overseas assignment and she already started missing Mehebub badly. She is not at all satisfied with the skype calls and asking for Papa almost every time… I found her really upset after returning from office and also found she was not at all interested having her evening milk with two biscuits! I was started playing with her to make her a bit cheerful and suddenly she asked me in my ear “Momma Cookie!” Initially I thought she was saying “Tooki” and wanted to play hide and sick but realized that she was asking for Cookies! Though I was not in a mood of baking but decided to bake something exclusively for her and then checked my store for the ingredients and found 2 packet of Custard Powder. I almost started making Cookies with Vanilla Custard and then decided to replace Vanilla Custard with Strawberry flavoured Custard and ended on melting in mouth Strawberry Custard Cookies which are Eggless too.
Vanilla Custard Cookies are quite common baking goodies and I often prepare those but I am really happy with the replacement of Vanilla flavour with Strawberry Custard. Little one was super exited with the light Pink Strawberry Custard Cookies and informed her Papa over Skype “Papa Cookies!”
I intentionally skipped Eggs in Strawberry Custard Cookies to make those a bit light and made a batch of around 50 cookies not only for Pasta but also for both my parents and in laws. I have used unsalted Butter to make my cookies a bit rich in flavour since these are going to be small gift from Pasta to her Grandparents.
- All Purpose Flour: 3 Cup (450 g)
- Strawberry Custard Powder: 1 Cup (150 g)
- Unsalted Butter: 250 g (in room temperature)
- Icing Sugar: 1.5 Cup (200 g)
- Strawberry Essence: 1 Tsp.
- Baking Powder: ½ Tsp.
- Baking Soda: ½ Tsp.
- Take Unsalted Butter in Room Temperature in a glass Bowl and pour Icing Sugar over the Butter and start mixing it using either an electric or manual blender. I’ve used my hand mixer and mixed both Butter and Sugar for 2 minutes to make a creamy mixture.
- Add Strawberry Essence to the Wet mixture and mix properly.
- In another Bowl take All Purpose Flour, Custard Powder, Baking Powder and Baking Soda and mix using a spoon and then strain the mixture using a strainer.
- Now add the flour mixture in 3 batches to the Wet mixture and using a spoon lightly fold the dry mixture with wet mixture. Don’t overmix the Cookie dough.
- Refrigerate the dough for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the Oven in 180 Degree C for 10 minutes.
- Line a Baking tray with baking paper
- Now take 1.5 Tsp. full of cookie dough make small balls and place that on the baking paper.
- Make similar balls from the remaining dough and place those giving a gap of 3” in the baking tray.
- Press each cookie using a fork to flattened those and make design with the fork on the top of each cookie as shown in the picture.
- Bake Cookies in 180 degree C for 10-15 minutes until the cookies turn golden pink in colour.
- Check after 10 minutes of baking and take the tray out of the oven if found cookies are done.
- Cool Cookies on a wire rack and store those after that in an airtight container.