Alike her father Pasta has really sweet tooth and she loves to eat sweet and I am also not an exception to this sweet mania … I often bake cakes and brownies matching with her taste bud.. In her initial days I used to escape adding nuts in the cakes and brownies but now she is 1.8 years old and blessed with the blessings of tooth fairy and can easily handle the chunkiness of nuts 😮 …I prefer to add dry fruits in my sweet dishes to increase the food value…. I always try to make baked goodies as healthy as possible and mostly by substituting all purpose flour with whole wheat flour and butter with refined oil but while making brownies I can’t help but to add butter and all purpose in it!
Now coming to the detail of brownies…. I think Brownies can be further divided into three types: Cake Brownies, Chewy Brownies and obviously Fudgy Brownies… All the varieties are equally good in taste for sure… however; this time I am sharing the recipe of Fudgy Fudge Brownies… There are several recipes available over internet for Fudge Brownies but given I am a home baker, I prefer to alter recipes available for bulk making based on my need and obviously availability of different ingredients here in India. I always prefer to use ingredients that are widely available in any part of the country and sometimes I intentionally substitute fancy ingredients with local made keeping in mind about the reader from various part of the country who may not have access to all those but want to bake tasty delicacies… However I found the recipe of Fudgy Brownies from “Laura in the kitchen” and Fudge Brownies of “Woodland Bakery” really helpful.. Though mine is an Indian version of Fudgy Fudge Brownie and I’ve substituted half butter with refined oil just keeping in mind our increasing weight 😆 ….
Basically Brownies are considered part of the initial baking ventures and believe me making Fudgy Brownies is not at all fussy… We just need a big bowl for mixing the ingredients and those can be mixed with the help of a spoon in case you are not available with a blender/ mixer at your home and rest is few minutes of baking and hey presto ….These Gooey, Chocolaty Fudgy Fudge Brownies can be made in minutes and to be served in any occasion…. 🙂
- All Purpose Flour: 1 Cup (150 g)
- Granulated White Sugar: 1.5 Cup (200 g)
- Dark Cooking Chocolate: 150 g (I’ve used VANLEER Dark Chocolate and if not available normal Chocolate can also be used)
- Cocoa Powder: 2 Tbsp.
- Instant Coffee Powder: 1 Tbsp.
- Butter: 200 g (I’ve substituted 100g Butter with same amount of Refined Oil)
- Egg: 6
- Salt: ½ Tsp.
- Vanilla Essence: 1 Tsp.
- Chocolate Essence: 1 Tsp. (if not available just increase Vanilla)
- Toasted Walnuts: handful (optional)
- Icing Sugar: 3 Tbsp. (for decoration)
- Preheat the oven in 180 Degree C for 10 minutes.
- Take Chocolate along with 1 Tbsp. of Butter in a Microwave safe bowl and melt it in high for around 30-50 seconds (it took me 40 seconds to melt it). Take the Bowl out of the Oven and mix the Chocolate-butter with the help of a spoon to get a thick creamy chocolate. In case you are not available with a Microwave then just melt the chocolate using a double boiler in gas top.
- Take Sugar and rest of the butter in room temperature in a big bowl. I prefer to use Glass Bowl for the purpose of mixing. Here I’ve replaced half of the butter with Refined Oil.. So the choice is yours…
- Mix Butter and sugar using a hand blender in medium speed for around 1 minute to get a creamy mixture. You can use a manual whisk for mixing (I’m too lazy to use it and hence don’t prefer to use the manual one).
- Now add Eggs in the mixture and the best part is you don’t need to add Eggs one by one while making Brownies..
- Mix for around 1 minute in medium speed to get a frothy mixture.
- Mix Instant Coffee with 1 tbsp. of Warm water and add it to the mixture and mix it.
- Finally add both Vanilla and Chocolate essence to the batter and give it a mix again.
- Now add All Purpose Flour, Cocoa Powder and salt to the batter and lightly mix using cut and fold method.
- Never overmix the Batter while making Brownies and this is a thumb rule.
- Chop Roasted Walnuts and fold those in the batter and now the batter is ready for baking.
- Now grease a baking tray with little oil and place a peace of baking paper over the tray and spread some oil and smear it.
- I have used a 12/6 rectangular tray for baking my fudgy brownie and it took me 15 minutes in 180 degree C to bake it properly. The time of baking will vary with the type of baking plate and the depth of the brownie..
- Decoration: I've opted for a minimal approach for decorating my fudgy fudge Brownies… Just dusted little icing sugar on the top and voila….
I am sending the recipe of Fudgy Fudge Brownie to the ongoing event of Kolkata Food Bloggers on Chef’s Challenge where Kamalika Chakrabarty is the featured blogger. You can find her beautiful writings at Silence sings.