- Almonds: 100 g.
- Raisins: 200 g.
- Prunes: 100 g.
- Dates: 100 g.
- Walnut: 100 g.
- Cashew Nut: 200 g.
- Cherries: 200 g.
- Apricot: 50 g.
- Orange-Lemon Peel : 2 Tbsp.
- Ginger Peel: 1 Tbsp.
- Dark Rum: 750 ml. (I've used Old Monk)
- Whiskey: 250 ml. (optional) (I've used Blenders Pride)
- Brandy: 250 ml. (optional) (I've used Old Admiral)
- Spice Mix: 50g
- Brown Sugar: 2 Tbsp.
- Chop all the fruits roughly into medium sized pieces.
- Take a Sterilized Glass jar and fill it with the chopped dry fruits.
- Add Orange-Lemon Peel, Ginger Peel Nutmeg Powder, Clove Powder and Cinnamon Powder to the fruit mixture and then pour the Rum+ Whiskey+Brandy over the Fruit mixture.
- I though prefer to use Rum only but this year (2016) I have used a mixture of Rum+ Whiskey+Brandy.
- Whiskey and Brandy can be replaced wit same amount of Rum.
- Mix it well and cover the jar properly and then place it in a dark place.
- Shake the jar in every 2-3 days.
- After one month of soaking add spice mix and brown sugar to the mixture.
- This can be stored in a dry place for more than a year.
Fruits and Nuts can be chosen based on own preference. Apart from Almond, Raisins, Dates, Walnut, Cashew Nut, Cherries, Apricot, Peels other dry fruits can also be added that includes Tutti Frutti too.
Apart from Rum soaked Fruits & Nuts for Christmas cake I love to prepare Candied Orange Peels and Candied Ginger for making my Christmas Cake . Below are the links for reference: